Compare 3 social networks
- An online social network
- Founded in Menlo, California in 2004
- User can send pictures, video and sound media message ( now also send other file types such as : doc, docx, xls, xlsx, etc.)
- Users who older than 13-year-old can register and use this service.
- This statistic shows a timeline with the worldwide number of active Facebook users from 2008 to 2015.
- Online social network and also enable to enable to publish 140-character messages which is called tweets.
- Founded in America in 2006
- A research of 2000 tweets overs a 2-week period in August 2009 from 11:00 am to 5:00pm. (Ryan Kelly, 12 August 2009, Twitter Study–August 2009)
- This statistic shows a timeline with the amount of monthly active Twitter users worldwide.
- A mobile text, voice and video social communication service.
- Founded by Tencent in China in 2011
- It’s time for messaging apps to quit the bullshit numbers and tell us how many users are active. (Millward S, 23 January 2014, techinasia.com)
- As of August 2014, WeChat has 438 million active active users; with 70 million outside of China.(Tencent – Investor Relations – Financial Releases – 2014, 14 August 2014, http://tencent.com/en-us/ir/news/2014.shtml)
How they can be used as part of an integrated marketing communication strategy
It is a really convenient and cheap way to use social network to promote your own brand, because you can upload any advertisements at anytime in anyplace as long as you have network. Further more you can use mix of social network services. For example, you can use Facebook to deliver your message and attached the pictures or logos, and then you can describe and introduce them with Tweets. Your friends can help you to forward the advertisements, thereby making more people can know your brand, it likes trees branch. Customers can also contact you by those social network services. This way is totally free and they do not need give a call or go to shopping malls so that attract more customs.
It is important to keep uploading the messages and information on the social networks. Customers prefer to get the newest information about their interesting products. If your competitors upload faster than you, you will in a weak position.
You and your employees should be really familiar with your products and can reply any questions form customers in a short time. Honesty and veracity is the key to answer you customers. Marketers often confuse content marketing with engagement. Just because you get someone’s attention doesn’t mean your audience actually cares. (The 10 Commandments of Content Marketing, 1 September 2015, http://www.briansolis.com/2015/09/10-commandments-content-marketing-2/)
Ryan Kelly, 12 August 2009, Twitter Study–August 2009
Millward S, 23 January 2014, techinasia.com